Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Service. By accessing or using any part of the Service, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Service. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by ShowroomHQ, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old or the applicable state or provincial age of majority thereby allowing you to legally enter into this Agreement.
In this Agreement, our customers and any of their staff members whom are given access to their ShowroomHQ Account are herein referred to as “Subscribers”, and our customers’ customers who use the Service (e.g. who login to view and order products) are referred to as “Customers”.
The term of this Agreement begins on the date your ShowroomHQ account is activated and continues on a month-to-month basis until either party terminates this Agreement pursuant to the terms hereof.
2. Your ShowroomHQ Account
- You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the Account and any other actions taken in connection with your Account by your Customers. You must not publish content in your ShowroomHQ in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and ShowroomHQ may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause ShowroomHQ liability.
- You must immediately notify ShowroomHQ of any fraudulent or unauthorized uses of ShowroomHQ, your Account, or any other breaches of security. ShowroomHQ will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, the Subscriber, your Customers, or any other users of your Account, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- You must provide your full legal name, current address, valid e-mail address, and any other information necessary to complete the ShowroomHQ signup process.
- Accounts registered in an automated fashion (e.g. by “bots”) are not permitted.
- Your login may only be used by one person. Sharing a single user login between multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate user logins for multiple people, provided your Account plan permits.
- You are responsible for keeping your password (and any other users’ passwords under your Account) secure. ShowroomHQ cannot and will not be held liable for any loss or damages from your failure to maintain the security of your Account or passwords.
- You must not upload or transmit any form of viruses or malicious code.
- We have the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate your Account, without any notice to you, if we suspect any form of fraudulent or malicious activity.
- You must not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and must not violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
- You are responsible for all activity on your ShowroomHQ account, and for all charges incurred by your ShowroomHQ account.
3. Free Trial, Payment of Fees, Refunds, and User Changes
- Free Trial – A Free Trial may be provided to for a 7-day period from the date of sign up (referred to for simplicity as “7-day trial”). Your credit card will not be charged within the trial period, unless you convert your free trial to a paying subscription.
- Monthly Fees – The monthly fee is based on the plan you selected via the Pricing page, unless a valid promotional code entered during the signup process permits otherwise. A valid credit card is required to use the Service.
- User Changes – You may change the number of users at any time. Added users added are billed on the first of the following month. Removed users will not be reflected until the next billing period.
- Refunds – ShowroomHQ does not provide refunds for services for any reason whatsoever, except for administrative errors or where a representative of ShowroomHQ has expressly offered a refund.
- Billing – Currency billing for the Service is in US Dollars (USD).
- Taxes, levies, and duties – All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, except Accounts registered with a Canadian billing address, which are billed applicable PST or GST sales tax, depending on the province specified for the Account’s billing address.
- Failure to Make Payment – In the event payment is not received for the Service due to a declined attempt to charge your credit card, expired credit card, or otherwise, and payment is not received within 3 days of the initial attempt, your Account will be suspended. If a suspended Account is not reactivated and the outstanding Account balance paid in full within three (3) months, it will be cancelled and all Account data may be permanently deleted.
The Service includes access to email support. “Email support” means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email or in-app at any time (with reasonable efforts by ShowroomHQ to respond within two business days) concerning the use of the Service.
5. Copyright and Subscriber Data Ownership
- Copyright – We claim no copyright or intellectual property over the Content you provide to the Service. Content you upload to the Service remain yours. However, by setting any content to be publicly available, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- Subscriber Data – Subscriber data, pertaining to documentation or any derivatives thereof stored in the Service (the “Subscriber Data”) shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of you, the Subscriber. ShowroomHQ is provided a license to Subscriber Data hereunder for the sole and exclusive purpose of providing the Services, including a license to store, record, transmit, maintain, and display Customer Data as necessary for the provisioning of the Services.
- Security of Subscriber Data – ShowroomHQ is built as a multi-tenant, Software-as-a-Service platform. Individual subscriber data is secured at a very high level between subscribers.
6. Cancellation and Termination
- Termination – You may terminate this Agreement at any time by ceasing all use of the Service and notifying ShowroomHQ via phone, email, or regular mail. ShowroomHQ may terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, if it believes, in its sole judgement, that you have breached or may breach any term or condition of this Agreement. ShowroomHQ can terminate the Service immediately as part of a general shut down of our Service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Final Payment for Prior Services Rendered – In the event of termination of your Account, you will be charged for any outstanding amounts owing at the end of your billing cycle, including, without limitation, Transaction Fees incurred during your last month of service.
- Removal of Subscriber Data – In the event your Account is terminated, all Subscriber Data may be permanently deleted after 14 days.
7. Changes to the Service, Pricing, or Billing
- Changes to the Service – ShowroomHQ reserves the right at any time, and from time to time to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Changes to Billing or Pricing – ShowroomHQ reserves the right, at any time, and from time to time, to change its prices and billing methods for the Service, subject to 30 days’ notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting on the ShowroomHQ Site (https://showroomhq.com), the Service itself, or by e-mail to you, the Subscriber.
- ShowroomHQ shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuation of the Service.
8. Intellectual Property
This Agreement does not transfer from ShowroomHQ to you any ShowroomHQ or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with ShowroomHQ. ShowroomHQ, the ShowroomHQ logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with ShowroomHQ, or the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of ShowroomHQ or ShowroomHQ’ licensors. Other trademarks, Service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any ShowroomHQ or third-party trademarks.
9. Changes to the Agreement
ShowroomHQ reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Service following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. ShowroomHQ may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Service (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
10. General Representation and Warranty
11. Service Availability & Maintenance
- ShowroomHQ makes every effort to ensure the Service is available at all times. However, there will be occasional periods of downtime necessary to perform essential system upgrades and maintenance. We will attempt to provide twelve (12) hours of notice for scheduled downtime, but in some cases, downtime may be unscheduled or beyond our control.
- There may also be unforeseen incidents that cause the Service to go down for a period of time that are beyond ShowroomHQ’s control. We will work to remediate any Service issues as quickly as possible.
- Certain key ShowroomHQ processes may depend on 3rd party systems. We are unable to guarantee the availability of 3rd party systems and are in no way responsible for any outages.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties
The Service is provided “as is”. ShowroomHQ and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither ShowroomHQ nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Service will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you use the Service at your own discretion and risk.
13. Limitation of Liability
In no event will ShowroomHQ, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or Service; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to ShowroomHQ under this agreement during the three (3) month period prior to the cause of action. ShowroomHQ shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ShowroomHQ, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between ShowroomHQ and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of ShowroomHQ, or by the posting by ShowroomHQ of a revised version. Except to the extent of applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Service will be governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the provincial and federal courts located in Vancouver, British Columbia. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
Except where prohibited by applicable law, you waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action against ShowroomHQ related to any claim and, where applicable, you also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against ShowroomHQ. If you have a claim, you should give written notice to arbitrate at the address specified below. If we have a claim, we will give you notice to arbitrate at your address provided in your registration data. Arbitration will be conducted by one arbitrator pursuant to the commercial arbitration laws and rules in effect on the date of the notice in the Province of British Columbia.
To the extent arbitration as described in the immediately preceding paragraph is prohibited by applicable law, you agree that all claims will be heard and resolved in a court of competent subject matter jurisdiction located in Vancouver, British Columbia, in the English language. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; ShowroomHQ may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Questions or Comments. Should you have any questions or comments regarding this agreement, please contact ShowroomHQ using the information below.
Suite 205 – 1825 Quebec St.
Vancouver, BC, V5T 2Z3